Thursday, April 26, 2007

Pregnant or Not

I got my period very late... so my boyfriend thinks that I am pregnant. We went to the clinic five times and I took five urine tests. They all came out negative. I am really scared because my stomach is getting bigger than it was. After that clinic that I took five urine tests at, I went to a different clinic. When I took another test, it came out negative too. Does this means that I am not pregnant? Or the test is just messing up and wrong? I've been hearing that the urine test is not accurate and also the blood test aren't either. I dont know what to do. They won't let me have a ultra-sound so I know if it's in there or not. Can you tell me... if im pregnant or not. I am really scared and I dont want to have a baby.

2 comments:

Ask JR said...

You have taken enough urine tests to check for hormonal levels that run high when pregnant, and blood test as well for all of them NOT to be wrong. They must be correct. (one test- yes possibly, but five or more- no)

You stated you "got your period very late" which indicates you were not pregnant and washed the unfertilized egg and hormones out of your uterus, although it is not uncommon to have that period after becoming pregnant or spotting , so it doesn't prove a pregnancy or not.

There could be three things going on here:

1) False pregnancy. This generally happens to dogs and cats more than humans, but has been known to happen to humans. Your mind is strong-- and mind over matter is evidently stronger. Your body can react to that as if it is pregnant but it is not pregnant, but thinks so.

2) You might possibly have a cyst or tumor in your uterus or fallupian tubes that is causing the bigger stomach and feelings of pregnancy and inaccuracies.

)You could have had a fallupian tube pregnancy and the fetus is dead and not showing up hormones in the urine and blood tests. Only an ultra-sound will show that. And a pelvic exam too.

I personally recommend stop going to these "clinics" and see an qualified OB/GYN and giving the history of this and asking for an ultra-sound.

They WILL do an ultra-sound for all the obvious reasons mentioned above.

This will either show a fallupian tube pregnancy that's terminated and not passed yet, a cyst or tumor on one or both ovaries.

One way or the other you will get to the bottom of it.

If it shows none of these, then you suffered the rare "false pregnancy" syndrome, that can be caused by a sincere wish to be pregnant or great fear of being pregnant because you do not want to be pregnant. Opposites, but strong emotions.

Ask JR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.