Sunday, August 26, 2007

Like Two Guys - Is That Wrong?

I just got out of a 2 year relationship where I was cheated on the whole entire time, so I really do not trust anyone and feel like I can ever be in love again, or be in a relationship. It's been 2 months, and I am sleeping with two different guys that I like. Sometimes it doesn't bother me because I assume the worst, and that their doing the same thing too, but sometimes I feel bad because they really like me and both want to be in a relationship with me. But I'm the worst person to be in a relationship right now, because my ex has turned me into a horrible person. I wouldn't have seen me doing this to someone before, but it's like I don't give a sh*t anymore. I feel like there's no point being in a relationship because you can like more than one person anyway. The relationship may seem perfect at first, and that's all you wanna do is be around that person, but everything gets old after a while and people change--for the worse. Nothing lasts forever. And that is the reason why I dont believe in love, because you can always find someone else that tempts you and makes you curious about them and then you become unfaithful. Everyone cheats and everyone lies. So right now I feel like im playing a game, and part of me feels bad about doing that to those 2 guys, but the other part of me thinks ..." hey ... I'm single and were not together, so it doesn't matter if I'm sleeping with someone else. I want to know other people's opinions on this ... has anyone else been in the same situation? If so ... what do you think is the best thing I should do? Because I never was trashy and I'm still not. I just really like both these guys and I can't choose between them, and I'm not even sure I want to be committed ...

1 comment:

Ask JR said...

Once bitten-- twice shy ...

It took me over 5 years to get over my ex. Everyone has their own time period to heal and move on.

The only bad thing I see is, neither guy knows you are seeing the other. That could be bad. You could hurt them both, once they learn about your toggling between them. It could cause violence, too.

You should be honest with anyone you are seeing. Tell them right away (if it evolves into a "relationship") that you do not want to be in a committed relationship right now because you recently got out of one and hurt badly, and now have trust issues.

If a guy likes you enough, he'll understand and stay in the relationship with you-- on your terms, being patient, or he won't and he;ll end it. He might only want a committed relationship-- but trust, most men don't. They want more of a casual, non-committal relationship, freeing them to date other women, too.

You will eventually heal from the past relationship and trust again. Mr. Right will come along and you will trust him because you will fall in love with him and WANT to trust again. It'll just happen-- naturally.

You just need your time to get there, so have fun on the journey. But, be open and honest. Just because you were hurt, doesn't mean you should hurt someone else.