Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Long Distance BF

3 years ago my best best best friend moved half way across the country. We still managed to stay the best of friends, and got to visit each other a couple times. Then a year later, she moved back a couple states away and I was so happy! We got to see each other all the time because it was only a few hours away. We called each other everyday and always had stuff to talk about no matter what. We were the ideal best friends. We have never been in a fight. We tell each other EVERYTHING and were always there no matter what. Well lately, we havent been talking much. Yes, it's summer and were both busy, and we kept missing each other's calls, and now we hardly even talk. And when I do call her, there isn't much to talk about. It seems weird or something. I'm so afaid that we're growning apart. I don't know what I would do witout her. I don't want to loose her, she means more to me than my family. What should I do?

1 comment:

Ask JR said...

To "rekindle" your friendship-- first, buy a card and mail it to her. You know, one of those "I'm missing you" type cards.

Make a committment to yourself (a promise) to see her on a scheduled, regular basis, no matter what. In other words, make the time. Put your other friends and boyfriend on the back burner those weekends.

Spend the entire weekend at her house, and next time, she can spend the weekend at yours.

Continue to send cards periodically. You can get into a "crazy contest" to see who sends the funniest card to each other, constantly trying to out do the other. It's fun and satisfying.

Send her a little gift that means something to you both. A little treasure that has significant meaning to each of you. Maybe a friendship braclet, etc., or anything that reminds you both of something you once enjoyed or shared together.

If you both have cell phones- text message each other throughout the day, or night, and chat online on a chat messenger.

Make a point to keep the friendship alive, and nurture it as you would any valuable family member.

Use your imagination. Make mental notes to yourself to talk about a movie you saw, or a tv show's cool episode, a rock band and a song(s), anything that you both have in common.